Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Apple and Pear Soup

I learnt this soup from my MIL, it's really simple and good for healing from cough. It goes with or without the meat as according to her. But I have tried so far with meat. Also, my ZX loves it so much that he refuses to eat his rice and ask for the soup instead.

Ingredient:
  • Lean pork meat
  • 2 apples (苹果)
  • 1 pears(梨)
  • A handful of sweet apricot kernels (南杏), bitter apricot kernels (北杏)
Method:
  1. Bring the water to boil.
  2. Pour some boiled water to the lean meat and quickly pour the water out from the bowl. Put the lean meat into the boiled water and bring it boil again.
  3. When the water is boiled for the second time, add the apples and pear into the soup. Allow them to boil in the soup in medium heat
  4. Simmer the soup in low heat for at least 2.5 hours.

4 comments:

Ani said...

Oh this dish looks pretty fine.

shuey said...

Thank you, the photos look blur, will try to improve my shot next time.

Ani said...

I am soup lover :D Bring some for us next time la.. :P

shuey said...

Sure, you wait ah......

Post a Comment

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL | (Modified by shuey)